Hoping they play Summertime Rolls and Ted Just Admit it at the Rochester show on Feb 29

Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Hi. I grew up listening to Jane's Addiction all the time, but two years ago I was unpacking some of my brothers CDs and found Nothing Shocking. I fell in love with the album and listened to if almost continuously for a month. I like their other albums a lot too and usually have one of them playing while I am driving. I Am at art school in Savannah GA and am taking a long weekend off to fly to Rochester to visit my grandmother who has major health issues and is going into a nursing home next week. I would love to hear Summertime Rolls because it reminds me about how I lived in Rochester as a kid and spent a lot of the summer swimming in my grandma's pool and running around in the corn fields behind her house. Thats probably far too much information on that, but it would mean a lot to me to hear that song in Rochester while I am up here visiting for what could be one of the last times I will see her. Ted Just Admit It would just be for fun and anything from ritual de lo habitual would be great. Regardless, I am sure it will be a great show, assuming they play a decent amount of older material.

Liz

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Hoping they play Summertime Rolls and Ted Just Admit it at the Rochester show on Feb 29

Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I agree about Ritual. Don't get me wrong, I love that album too. I heard Been Caught Stealing way too many times growing up and always resisted liking Jane's because of that. There was always so much hype around that song Jane Says, and Stop that I never bothered to listen to any of there other stuff. However, when I did start to listen to their full albums I was completely surprised by how much I liked them and how original and complex their songs are. Now I even have a soft spot for their big hits and poppier songs. To be honest, I pretty much lover everything they have ever done. Even Strays, which is probably their weakest release has some great stuff on it. I just got Great Escape Artist and was so happy that they had returned to a more original sound and love how they incorporated electronic elements into their sound.

2. Re: Hoping they play Summertime Rolls and Ted Just Admit it at the Rochester show on Feb 29

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Summertime rolls-one of my top 5. Awesome tune. I am all for anything!

3. Re: Hoping they play Summertime Rolls and Ted Just Admit it at the Rochester show on Feb 29

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 6:30 AM
  4. Re: Hoping they play Summertime Rolls and Ted Just Admit it at the Rochester show on Feb 29

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM

awesome post

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!