Any 'old people' & long time Jane's fans?

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Here to introduce myself: Andrea from Brooklyn and I've been a Jane's fan since middle school... now I'm somewhere in my 30's and don't you just love it when you've found one of those bands that still grows with you? I still have my well worn VCR tape of The Gift... which is that on DVD yet? I love their movies; they should have done more in my opinion, because (honestly) who doesn't want to see someone accidentally set a chicken on fire? Anyway, would love to share memories of JA with other fans. Oh, and obviously their music... what really needs to be said?

With love, Andrea
"Consider it: every person you have ever met, every person will suffer the loss of his friends and family. All are going to lose everything they love in this world. Why would one want to be anything but kind to them in the meantime?"
— Sam Harris

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Any 'old people' & long time Jane's fans?

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Im 41. A long time ago, I joined one of those stupid music clubs, remember? 20 records for a penny or some dumb shit like that? I picked the ritual album because I knew "stop" from the radio. Little did I know. You know most albums you buy for one song, you listen to the rest of it, and sometimes it sucks. I put ritual on, and let it play right on through. I was floored, just hypnotized. Been a fan ever since. Going to see them in Baltimore on the 14th of August! Cant wait!

2. Re: Any 'old people' & long time Jane's fans?

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yep, this includes me too. I am 43 now. I have been listening to JA since the mid-eighties. God, I guess looking back I was just 14-15 years old! LOL. Well, still here and still love 'em. I see a lot of people on this board from NY which is where I was born and raised. Tonight is my show out here in Portland, Oregon. I am so excited I feel like I am going to bounce all around today!

3. Re: Any 'old people' & long time Jane's fans?

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

8- shows this year - feeling young , old school following JA again !! Fan '86

4. RE: Any 'old people' & long time Jane's fans?

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

i have the tapes to prove it,,

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!