Bass Auditions?

Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Any news on auditioning a bass player? Who can I get in contact with regarding this? I am a bass player with 20 years experience on stage, in the studio, and on the road. I would definitely consider this an opportunity of a lifetime.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Bass Auditions?

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I auditioned and they said I was phenomenal, but they wouldn't let me join because I am too good looking. Damn these chiselled features!

2. Re: Bass Auditions?

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM

To find a new teamplayer, in this case maybe a bassplayer isn't that simple.
    For me, a new bandmember has to be a kind of soulmate.Someone, who feels the music like i do,and also has the same interest in music.Beside that ,there has to be a kind of magical click between all of the bandmembers, everybody has to have a wow feeling with the new bandmember.
    And to find someone like that could take a while.

You can maybe play as good as John Entwistle or Bootsy Collins, but that doesn't mean your the wright man for the job. The most important thing is to play in function of the music.
    If that means not to play for 1 minute so that the song sounds better that way, you just shouldn't play. Also listening to the other bandmembers idea's could be a real bless for the song.

But hey, maybe Jane's Addiction isn't looking for a new bassplayer and are just exploring all
    possibility's.Maybe they're going more electronic, using sequencers and stuff to create a whole new sound. That's what whe're going to do in our new band.We used to play 70's rock and stuff.But nobody is waiting for that kind of music. So we decided to go for more electronica and stuff to create a complete new sound. I'm a bass player butt maybe i'll have to play keyboards from time to time, i'm looking forward to that.No limits, total freedom, that's what i like about making music.

Cheers (don't mind my bad english)

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!