nb avatar nb

Leeds/Reading - 'disappointed' doesn't really describe it Dave!

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Here's hoping Perry's voice makes a full recovery...

Disappointed isn't really a word I would use about the debacle that was Leeds Festival yesterday. It was great to see that Jane's were finally due to headline a major festival in the UK. Although I wasn't interested in any other band playing, we forked out £80 quid a head for tickets just to see Jane's play. We drove the 70+ miles (fuel is expensive in the UK), spent three hours wandering around a cold muddy field drinking piss weak beer only to find out that Jane's had been forced to cancel. Nett loss - around 200 English Pounds. Not to be taken lightly in this current economic climate!!! It was like de ja vue from an appearance that got cancelled at Reading Festival in the late 80's/early 90's. Again due to Perry having a bad throat. Disgruntled? yeah! Disenchanted? hell, yeah!

We were so close to buying tickets for KOKO and considering flying to Hawaii for 12/30 date but I would hate to get 'burned' again so we will just sit and wait for maybe a smattering of UK dates in 2012 after the new release has been out a while.....

'Disappointed' just doesn't do this let down justice.... G U T T E D!

Replies to This Posting

1. cm avatar cm

Re: Leeds/Reading - 'disappointed' doesn't really describe it Dave!

Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I agree with you there.Exactly the same for us.Went to last day of Leeds JUST to see Janes Addiction.Used our summer savings for transport n hotel n tickets and left festival gutted when we find out theyre not on at 7pm.We must have spent about £300.CM

2. Re: Leeds/Reading - 'disappointed' doesn't really describe it Dave!

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Know how you feel, Jane's were the deciding factor in me buying a weekend ticket at Reading. Me and my mates were heartbroken when Dave walked on after they had setup everything and soundchecked to say they couldn't play. They were the band I had been most looking forward to so I felt pretty crap when they cancelled. At least Dave had the bottle to come on stage and break the news himself. I guess it was a hard decision for them too and I think they left it to the last possible moment so they were 100% sure Perry couldn't perform. That being said it would be nice if they could arrange a couple of shows for those festival goers who missed out on them, it would be much appreciated!

3. nb avatar nb

Re: Leeds/Reading - 'disappointed' doesn't really describe it Dave!

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM

OMG Guckeery! That would be sooo much worse! To know Jane's are on site and not playing, baaaddd!
    I know it wasn't their fault and i am glad Perry is better... I am just gutted at the expenditure as well as missing out on a show. I have loved JA for years and they certainly don't make it easy - which makes it more painful when something like this happens.

A couple of shows of those festival goers that missed out is a great idea... let's hope they make it up to us eventually!

4. Re: Leeds/Reading - 'disappointed' doesn't really describe it Dave!

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Must say I was absolutely gutted, bought a Leeds weekend ticket because Jane's were playing and a few of my friends were going. Didn't see a band on Sunday because I was drinking merrily waiting for Jane's only to be told the stage was closing! Anti-climax doesn't begin to describe it! About £500 down too... Hopefully Jane's will hear of our despair and put on a couple of shows in England, maybe even in the north!

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!