the brick- worst venue ever!

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

im sad this is my first post on the forum. For my birthday i bought 2 tix to see Janes at the brick in Minneapolis for my friend and I. We were so excited for the concert, counted down the days, watched ink master in anticipation, etc.

We got to the venue and it was packed. expected, yes. however, what wasnt expected is that because of the poor design of the venue, we couldn't find any spot in the entire place where we could actually SEE the band perform. we didn't just have an obstructed view, we had NO VIEW OF THE band at all. We had to watch the concert on a small tv screen with poor picture quality from the balcony. I'm so upset and extremely disappointed I spent full price for tickets with no view.

If I wanted to watch concert footage, i can do that on youtube for free at home on my laptop. I really was not able to enjoy the concert at all. :-(

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:27 AM

for some reason i couldnt log in under my original account. this is still minne. im not mad at the band, but had to vent about this somewhere. i did contact the venue and complained. doubt anything will be done about it. this was my first and probably last janes concert, though, sadly. the only live glimpse of the band i had was walking downstairs to get a diet pepsi from the bar. love the guys still, but hands down worst concert experience ive ever had.

2. RE: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I totally agree that this is the worst venue ever. Jane's sounded grest but, I had no view even with the extra sightlines. Everyone was pissed off that they couldn't see the show either. I agree I could have stayed home and saved my money and watch a video at home. I will never go to a show at this venue ever again. I really would like my money back.

3. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Agree !
    I could not believe how bad this place is set up : Long and Narrow.
    You could hardly get in the door ! Once in , you can't move . The entry way was even packed .They had elevated area's both downstairs and up but if you weren't right on the railings you couldn't see. No screens to watch except one on the stage, level with the drum kit! If you can see that you can see the band . I'm 6'4" and after pushing my way threw the whole place multiple times i was able to find one spot threw a couple people's head's that were my height that I could see only part of the stage .
    Everybody I talked to last night were pissed off. The people I came with were not able to even see the band the entire show.
    The last time Jane's came here was in 03 . 9 years ago so this sucks ! And, it was at the Excel which holds 16,000 people and was almost sold out. This place hold's 2100 . I know Jane's had to play here because of a agreement with AIG . Do I have to wait another 9 years now ?
    I realize the only way is to be there when the doors open , find your spot , wait 2 1/2 hrs and not move.
    I will never go there again no matter who's playing, even Jane's . Its almost as though I never even saw them last night..

4. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I really would like to be refunded my money, i woke up still upset about this. i know to get a good spot at any venue you have to get there early, ive had bad spots for concerts before, but i have never attended a concert where i had NO VIEW OF THE BAND whatsoever. i didn't pay for obstructed view or no view tickets, i just feel so ripped off. first time ive been to a concert, and can honestly say i have yet to see the band play live
    lucyinthesky58@gmail.com

5. RE: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM

It was very disappointing, particularly since Perry is the ultimate entertainer and was likely just as disappointed as the fans. Since it was the first show at this club, the band was just as duped about the place as the ticket holders. I know that the band went all out for us, but it was overshadowed by a very bad venue. I hope that others in other cities don't have to experience this. Please return to Mpls. and play at First Ave, the Fine Line or one of the many other suitable theaters or venues.

6. 1% avatar 1%

Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

The absolute worst venue for a show of this capacity.

File your complaints to these guys.

Website www.thebrickmn.com
    www.aeglive.com
    Venue Contact(s)
    General Manager: Jeff Kehr jkehr@aeglive.com 612-333-3422 ext 23
    Talent Buyer: Brad Saks bsaks@aeglive.com 612-333-3422 ext 12
    Production Manager: Ben Melby bmelby@aeglive.com 612-333-3422 ext 14
    Marketing Manager: Anna Barberio abarberio@aeglive.com 612-333-3422 ext 15
    Box Office Manager: Dimitri Dixon ddixon@aeglive.com 612-333-3422 ext 13

All the people i know wanna be left alone
    Some people i don't know
    They want to leave you alone
    I guess you gotta be just be just like them

That makes me one.....

7. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM

complaints sent, although i doubt i will get any response. I still love the band, and would love the chance to see them perform. like the poster above said at first ave or the fine line would be ideal.
    lucyinthesky58@gmail.com

8. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Seems I'm pretty much out my money. I purchased the tix for near face at stubhub, since the show was supposedly sold out, then the venue released more tickets the day of the show. If I had known that they were going to do that, I would've purchased the tix directly from the venue site. The whole experience is just so frustrating. From now on, im not purchasing any tix unless im guaranteed a seat with a view.
    lucyinthesky58@gmail.com

9. H avatar H

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Venue sucked: yes
    BUT to see (where there is a will there is a way) Janes in that intimate of a setting! I would have paid double my ticket price to watch/hear them play in a garage so for worst show ever WOW that is sad! Thank You Janes Ur Amazing!!!

10. 1% avatar 1%

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

The Brick to give full refunds for Jane's Addiction show.

http://dev.thebrickmn.com/gmletter.php

"We have an obligation to make this right for our customers, which is why we are offering all Jane's Addiction ticket holders a refund."

Jeff Kehr / General Manager/ The Brick

This is certainly the correct way to handle this situation.

All the people i know wanna be left alone
    Some people i don't know
    They want to leave you alone
    I guess you gotta be just be just like them

That makes me one.....

11. Re: the brick- worst venue ever!

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

this does make me feel better, although all i really wanted was see jane's addiction and all their pure hotness. ive seen concert photos from other shows online, and damn, the guys are lookin sexy as ever. :-) feel bad about the venting here, but am glad the venue is doing right by their fans.
    lucyinthesky58@gmail.com

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!