Has soul and art been missing from JA since Eric and Casey left?

Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Since 1990 I have been a Jane's fan. I Have seen them (or a Perry Farrel project) a few times; Lolla '91, Relapse (3 shows), Kimmel (Strays), P4P ('93 I think), E.N.I.T. (in SF), Perry as DJ Peretz once. I think that's it except for Dave with the Peppers and a supposed Polar Bear show I never found.. Anyway, does it seem like the soul and edge of early Jane's evaporated after Ritual (i.e. the last project with Eric and Casey)? My take on it is this: Eric kept the idea of Jane's solid and void of any selling-out temptations. Casey was the true artistic force behind all of the band's visuals and some lyrical inspiration. A compelling combination that was a perfect buffer to Perry and Dave's desire for the spotlight. After their departure not only has the music suffered, but the Jane's Addiction foundation has been tarnished as a result of it. This is not to say that I speak ill-will of Perry or Dave (Stephen your just to awesome to criticize), it's just that, IMO, Eric and Casey have always been 40% of what Jane's Addiction has always been about.. This simply a perspective I invite others to explore. Cheers.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Has soul and art been missing from JA since Eric and Casey left?

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

You might find this interesting... lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com

Get the latest from Janes Addiction!