1. baglady avatar

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM, baglady said:

Walkman666: If I was going to be over in NYC anyway, I would have grudgingly paid the inflated tout prices to get some tix... Unfortunately, I was so desperate to catch them I was going to fly in for a long weekend - specifically to catch the show... I'm sure most people would think this is absolutely insane to fly 1/4 way around the world just to see a show, but after the cancellation this summer (and their history of breaking up) I really don't want to miss seeing them. :'o
    I'll just have to keep everything crossed that they come back across the pond soon! Hope you manage to get some reasonably priced tix...

2. walkman666 avatar

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:44 AM, walkman666 said:

Baglady. That is what happened to me, and seemingly others. I went to livenation.com well before 10am, clicked refresh until tix were live, and then got "sorry, no tickets met your criteria," or whatever. This is the typical MO for acquiring tix on-line tix. Sometimes, you score, sometimes you dont, due to supply and demand, but this was curious for two reasons: there was a presale and there are abundant tix for re- sale by brokers on the various ticket broker sites, stubhub, etc. And, they are selling them in various quantities. The abundance of tix for sale in the second hand market leads me to think that the organizers did not effectively cap or restrict brokers from getting their hands on the tix. The only other alternative explanation given the large #s of tix for resale is a sudden change of heart by massive JA fans. I will end up buying after market cos i wanna go, and if you were going to travel to see the show, you can do this, too....but it is just kinda a shame the way things seemingly played out.

3. baglady avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:13 PM, baglady said:

If 'walkman666' is right, then I am not only totally gutted, I am truly disappointed... I was willing to pay for flights from the UK to see JA in NYC - due to not getting to see them because of the unfortunate cancellation of the Leeds Festival (so glad Perry has now fully recovered - still gutted I didn't get to see them tho)... but can't afford flights, hotel and touter-ticket prices... Devastated just doesn't cover my feelings... :'(

4. walkman666 avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 12:51 PM, walkman666 said:

That is the way it turned out. No tix available at 10am yet they had a presale earlier. Lots of tix available from brokers. Live nation and JA mgt did not manage the max # of tix at the presale properly, not if it is sold out the moment it goes on sale to the public with many tix availablr at 2x the face by brokers. Poorly done, really.

5. JYH avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM, JYH said:

what the fuck!? only citicard holders and scalpers got to buy tickets in the pre-sale... there is nothing left at 10am on the day they officially go on sale... nice one guys. your corporate deal sucks ass. it really is true that with greed "nothing's shocking".

6. JYH avatar

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:45 AM, JYH said:

really? only citibank card holders!? very disappointing.